American Government: In this required for graduation course you will be expected to demonstrate knowledge of, and facility with your political ideology/party, interest groups/money in politics, voting/elections, public opinion/propaganda, the Constitution, Federalism (National and State governments), the three branches of the Federal Government (Exec., Legs., Jud.), and Civil Liberties/Rights. There will be a substantial emphasis placed on current events to teach these lessons.
Economics: In this required for graduation course you will be expected to demonstrate knowledge of, and facility with, key economic concepts and principles. As a result of this course, you will become a better-informed and more effective participant in the local, national and world economies and you will be prepared to succeed in a college-level economics course.
2020欧洲杯预赛时间表The semester will be organized into a series of eight units:
- An Intro to Economic Concepts, including scarcity, factors of production and types of economic systems.
- How Markets Work, including supply and demand and the role of prices.
- The Role of the Household in a Mixed Economy, including saving and investing.
2020欧洲杯预赛时间表- The Role of the Firm in a Mixed Economy, including market structures, types of business organizations, how wages are determined and the role of labor unions.
- The Role of the Government in a Mixed Economy, including market failures, public goods, taxes and regulations.
- An Intro to Macroeconomics, including GDP, inflation and unemployment, and the money supply.
- Fiscal and Monetary Policy, including Keynesian and Supply-Side fiscal policy and the role of the Federal Reserve in managing the money supply.
2020欧洲杯预赛时间表- An Intro to International Economics, including comparative advantage, foreign exchange and trade barriers.